A clean edge is always a great addition to any hands-on project. Create your own bias binding tape and learn different techniques for cutting, joining and folding.
It’s the perfect skill to master for finishing raw edges on quilts, placemats, armholes and necklines.
What to Bring
- Three pieces of fabric (30 x 30cm)
- Lightweight cotton or polyester cotton is easiest to work with. Small designs and checks or stripes work well.
- Polyester thread to match the fabric.
- Dressmaker’s chalk or chalk pencil which will show on your fabric (i.e. light for dark fabric, dark for light fabric)
- Dress making scissors for cutting fabric
- Small sharp scissors
- 30cm ruler