Learn the basic skills behind the ancient art of bookbinding with Sarah Drake. Bind two simple books; a concertina album and a small sewn notebook.
Explore the properties of paper; scoring, folding, cutting, gluing and pasting to create a final book you’re proud of.
The Sun 31 May 2:00 PM has Sold Out, so additonal session on Sun 31 May at 4:30 PM has been added.
What to Bring
- A4 paper- 10 sheets, approx. 80gsm (printer weight paper ok)
- Light card- approx. A4 size, decorative or plain, approx. weight of cereal box
- Decorative paper for zig zag album cover- approx. A3 or 2x A4
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Bone folder (available from Art supply shops such as Gordon Harris)
- Metal ruler
- Glue stick
- Awl tool (not essential)
- Bookbinding or tapestry type needle
- Heavy book for pressing
- Scrap paper for gluing (junk mail fliers are perfect)
- $5 cash for materials (card and board for zig-zag album and linen thread for notebook)